Linda Marveng asked me to answer 11 questions as part of my Liebster Award. I'm doing it in two posts because I'm a little short on time (as always).
1. Where are you right now? At home, in front of my computer, in a room with pretty green curtains that the sun shines through.
2. If you could beam yourself, where would you go in this exact moment? Italy. You know, that little street that curves around small shops with bread in the window. But my whole family would have to come with me. If they can't, no deal. We'll just go to the homemade gelato shop down the road.
Three-Grain Pancakes with Fresh Peaches
3. How does your usual Sunday look like? There is no usual in this house, but the past few weeks it's gone something like this: I get up early to work on deadline knitting and have some quiet time to myself. My daughter gets up next, and I suggest we cook something together. While we're doing this, my husband gets up to make the coffee. My son emerges when he smells breakfast. We drink kefir with our breakfast and see what each other has planned for the day. Maybe I have an edging to reknit, or a concert to play. The boy might be in a soccer game or musical comedy. The girl might be working on a science fair project, or have big plans for costuming her stuffed animals in Renaissance attire. My true love is usually at work on his computer, these days dealing with administrative baloney more than writing his masterpiece, but his sabbatical approaches (and hope accompanies). We either do what we planned or get sidetracked. We eat another meal or two, and my daughter and I go to church. Upon returning, we get ready for bed. Often relaxing, sometimes stressful or frantic.
4. How do you relax? Even though my main occupations have to do with knitting and music, I still wind down by sitting in my rocking chair, knitting, and listening to music. I hope I never come up with a way to make money by rocking in my chair---that would eliminate my only pure hobby!
5. If you were to learn a new craft/hobby what would it be? I'm interested in tatting and learning to play the guitar. Are languages hobbies? Because I would love to learn Urdu.
Hi! I'm Kangath---
knit designer, musician, writer, and mother
Click here to join the Kangath Knits email list
for insider updates and special deals.
Ruth Roland is a top Baton Rouge, LA music lesson instructor on TryMusicLessons.com!
Amy Herzog Designs
Knit and Tonic
The Sexy Knitter
Sheep to Shawl
Trappings and Trinkets
Two Sides of the Same Stitch